What we are looking for.
We are looking for a full-time Counter Manager to lead our Myer Sydney location. We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What you would be doing.
- Supervise all staff within your location and oversee employee relations, sales, merchandising, customer experience and all operational functions
- Recruit, manage, mentor and develop and staff to maximise sales, profitability and exceed agreed key performance indicators
- Complete scheduling counter requirements by scheduling and assigning ‘zones’ to employees, while ensuring to have a fully staffed counter at all times
- Manage all operational costs to keep store profitable and inform the Area Sales Manager of any pertinent issues (petty cash, daily banking, POS System, payment processor etc.)
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of the counter are compliant with the company requirements
- Execute timesheet adjustments in time and attendance system (Nova time) when needed
- Coach, counsel and provide constructive feedback to all counter staff
- Communicate the changing needs of the counter to the Area Sales Manager
- Control stock and manage the weekly order of counter supplies
- Greet all customers who enter the store with enthusiasm and professionalism reflecting DECIEM’s vision through excellent service. Educate customers about the world of Beauty and Skin Care, DECIEM brands and products
- Stay up to date with product knowledge, company information, launches and campaigns
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and provide feedback to the Area Sales Manager
- Notify Area Sales Manager of any customer complaints and comments (handle any in-person customer complaints)
- Enforce store policies and procedures are up to company standard and direction
- Work with neighborhood and district marketing opportunities and corporate retail team for customer appreciation events to drive traffic
- Maintain DECIEM’s visual merchandising standards according to the official merchandising guidelines (including displays, testers, cleanliness etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Love of beauty products and a passion for skincare
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task a must
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, managing conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong leadership skills to coach and mentor employees to success
- High School Diploma plus either relevant designation / degree / diploma OR equivalent work experience is required
- 2 + years of people management or work in leadership role is required
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in customer service/retail is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to email@example.com. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.