IT Project Manager
What we are looking for.
We are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager to assist in overseeing IT operation projects. This person will ensure that projects are on time and within budget. We are looking for someone who is an effective communicator, a strong culture add, and has strong vendor management skills.
This role will be based out of our Toronto Head Office.
What you would be doing.
- Ensure all IT projects assigned are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to deliver the project, and track progress
- Provide regular structured updates to stakeholders and sponsors on project status, and any issues
- Proactively identifying, resolving, or escalating issues that may impact the success of the project
- Maintaining accurate records on project status and financial reporting
- Ensure all project artifacts are completed and aligned across all project stakeholders while maintaining PMO standards
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendor for flawless execution
- Act as a liaison with the project managers of other departments & facilitate the communication of all the teams involved in cross department projects
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Conducting post-implementation reviews and lessons learned
- Ensuring a smooth transition to an operational state
- Adhering to defined project management processes, methodologies and guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Excellent knowledge of local labour laws and ability to interpret, articulate and apply related legislation
- Strong problem solver and negotiator which is an asset to resolving complex employee relation cases
- Excellent follow up skills and ability to build solid collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to handle conflict in a calm and professional manner
- A change management champion who can successfully manage Human Resources transformations as well as employee resistance to change
- Demonstrates well-developed business acumen and understands how to implement/manage change
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task a must
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, managing conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong leadership skills to coach and mentor employees as well as counsel managers at all levels
- 2+ years of people management and /or leadership experience is required
- Relevant education in Human Resources or another relevant field OR equivalent work experience is an asset
- CIPD or equivalent designation is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.