Maintenance Millwright - PM or Night Shift
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a total of 2 Maintenance Millwright to join our team. You will be responsible for inspecting and examining all machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
PM Shift: 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM / Night Shift: 11:30 PM - 7:30 AM
What you would be doing.
- Responsible for inspecting and examining all machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, align, dismantle, and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions
- Reporting machineries issues. Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, and jacks, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up, and repair of machinery
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Perform routine maintenance such as sharpen tools, adjustment, clean, lubricate and repair or replace defective parts of equipment
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Conduct preventative maintenance tasks and provide documentation as required. Proactively inspect equipment daily to identify early stages of breakdown to implement corrective action
- Notify the Senior Maintenance Manager/Head of Maintenance of any maintenance issues, seek guidance and support but must be able to perform duties under minimal supervision
- Comply with all safety and health regulations (PPE, lock out procedures, etc.) and follow GMP
- Maintain good housekeeping of maintenance shop and production areas, clean areas after any repairs that have been performed
- Maintain records of equipment parts used and provide inventory levels updates on a regular basis
- Respond to the calls required for equipment troubleshooting and repairs in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task with effective time management and communication skills
- This is a physically demanding position and requires the ability to lift 25kg
- Must be flexible with the working time
- WHMIS, Pallet Lift Truck, Forklift certifications or Red seal experience are an asset
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in the manufacturing industry is an asset
- Valid red seal industrial millwright license/433A certification required
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.