Microbiology Analyst II
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Microbiology Analyst II to join our amazing growing scientific department! You will not only operate various equipment and perform testing, but be preparing, reviewing and approving departmental SOPs.
What you would be doing.
- Follow internal standard operational procedures and participate in lab team meetings
- Prepare, review and approve departmental SOPs
- Perform Method Suitability or Method Validation as required
- Review and approve Growth promotion for all media
- Conduct Microbial Limit Testing, Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing (AET), Preservative Efficacy test (PET), Pseudomonads testing per USP, EP, BP, TGA and internal procedure with minimal supervision
- Perform Microbial Identifications and maintain stock cultures
- Operate Lab equipment such as pH meter, water activity meter, autoclave, Masterclave, dilumat, automated plate pourer, balance, biosafety cabinet, etc. and assist in the qualifications, maintenance and calibrations of the equipment
- Sample and process environmental monitoring sampling and testing for: air, surfaces, water, equipment and personnel
- Ensure all testing is documented in the appropriate logbooks and hard copy records are completed in a timely manner
- Adhere to appropriate quality measures to meet or exceed the standards set by GMP/GLP and company requirements relevant to assigned duties
- Perform Laboratory investigations for a reported OOS/OOT result
- Ensures Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are in place, relevant, and continually evaluated
- Liaise and communicate effectively with other members of the Lab and manufacturing team
- Participate in Training for Microbiology Analyst I and Lab Technician
- Monitors employees training to ensure that all requirements are met
- Provides guidance and support to the microbiology lab analysts and technicians as related to laboratory documentation
- Review data and reports prepared by Microbiology analyst I and Lab Technician
- Manage inventory needs for laboratory materials and supplies
- Ensures the laboratory is kept in a safe working environment and in compliance with EHS and biosafety standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Competent technical laboratory skills not requiring constant direct supervision
- Able to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Excellent communication: verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Team player, initiative, problem solving
- Experience in manufacturing sites for cosmetics or pharmaceutical an asset
- Experience in LIMS is an asset
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Open to work on Weekends and extra shifts
- GMP/GLP trained and aseptic technique qualifications are an asset
- Deadline-based, high-pressure work environment with on-going projects
- Relevant education in Microbiology Laboratory or another relevant field OR equivalent work experience is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.