Compounding Team Leader - PM Shift
What we are looking for.
Deciem is looking for a Compounding Manager at the Eastside location, this person will be results-oriented with experience in batching chemicals and the management of resources to supply production and meet customer needs. This person will ensure adherence to safety guidelines, quality processes and teamwork toward efficiency in production.
PM Shift: 3:30 PM – 11:30 PM
What you would be doing.
- Execute day-to-day schedule assigned by Compounding Managers in the Warehouse and Production Facility in DECIEM’s home based locations
- Monitor all the batching process to dropping of the bulk
- Ensure accuracy of product labels, Lot Codes, date, re-test date of a product
- Coach team members in effectively operating equipment and performing critical tasks and careful attention must be given to new hire
- Monitor productivity on the production floor, perform checks and status updates that needs to be communicated on a timely manner
- Train and record all Standard Operating Procedures directly related to manufacturing
- Ensures compliance with GMP, OHSA, WHMIS, Environmental requirements
- Actively participates in all accident investigations and ensure follow-up and corrective actions are completed
- Maintains open communication with other departments regarding operation related issues
- Manage and monitor constant interaction with a variety of chemicals and chemical products
- Perform constant heavy lifting under a high noise levels, unpleasant odors and fumes environment
- Navigate cautiously around flammable, combustible, toxic and corrosive chemicals that maybe present in the work area
- Adjust to constant changing a high-pressured environment
- Work alternative/rotational schedule if required
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Strong leadership skills to assist in coaching and mentoring employees
- Must be result driven and work with a sense of urgency
- Effective time management skills, able to meet tight deadlines, and stay productive under pressure
- Capable of dealing with difficult situations from an operational as well as personnel standpoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills with effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience, and styles
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs and push/pull 400lbs
- Comfortable using hands and arms together to move various items and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Experience coordinating team members within a manufacturing environment is preferred
- 1 - 3 years of people management and/or leadership experience is required
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in compounding/manufacturing is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.