Production Senior Manager (Night)
What we are looking for.
We are looking for Production Senior Manager to join our amazing Production team at our Etobicoke Facility.
Shift: 11:30 PM - 7:30 AM
This role will be based out of our Etobicoke facility (in-person)
What you would be doing.
- Oversees the overall safety, processes, and procedures of the team to improve efficiency and suggest clear communication to the team on how to achieve safety, quality, and deliverables of set goals
- Monitor and ensure safety regulations are fully complied with personal protective equipment, fall protection, forklift and hazard communication requirements and assist in complete accident reports in a timely manner as required
- Effectively manage, lead and support the Production team members alongside the Production Shift Managers and Head of Production
- Provide information and direction to the Production Team to achieve safety, quality and delivery
- Evaluate and assess Production Team members to determine training needs and develop employees to improve their knowledge
- Oversees the production on the line while ensuring that Safety and Quality are met
- Responsible for leading Production team to follow all safety guidelines, good manufacturing practices, and quality systems by being the role model for his/her team to follow
- Manage and identify defects on equipment, correct the right type of defects, and communicate to the maintenance department the types of defects that can't be corrected by operators in order to maintain the integrity of equipment and sustain production
- Assist with equipment the predefined cleaning
- Perform inspection tasks as scheduled in order to maintain the integrity of the equipment and sustain production
- Identify areas of opportunities for improvement, and define action plans
- Increase the team’s troubleshooting skills and on the equipment and processes
- Lead the team to perform all change over as predefined in order to complete them with the minimum possible downtime
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Excellent interpersonal, ability to work and influence with all levels of staff and management
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, managing conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong leadership skills to coach and mentor employees as well as counsel managers at all levels
- Must be able to switch to any shift, work during the weekends and overtime as needed
- Excellent knowledgeable Health and Safety standards, GMP is required
- Ability to create and implement SOPs
- Proficient word processing skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional English communication (verbal and written) skills required
- 3 + years of people management and/or leadership experience is required
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in manufacturing is an asset
- The individual will work in a production department within the manufacturing facility where noise, dust and motorized equipment are present at all times.
- Must work and lead teams within health and safety guidelines and company operating procedures.
- Flexibility is a must.
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.