Sanitation Associate - Night Shift
What we are looking for.
Deciem is looking for a total of 2 Sanitation Associates to work at our Etobicoke location. This person will be responsible for cleanliness of the plant and external premises, all equipment, machinery and utensils in the production process. Ensuring all chemicals used in the cleaning process are mixed with a proper solution according to the suppliers' specifications.
Night Shift: 11:30 PM – 7:30 AM
What you would be doing.
- Primary responsibility is cleaning of the distribution center/warehouse
- Perform routine cleaning including vacuuming; sweeping, and mopping floors; dusting, washing walls, doors, and windows, and emptying trash as assigned by the Master Cleaning Schedule
- Perform minor preventative maintenance and minor repairs
- Reports major repair and maintenance as needed
- Keeps all areas free of debris such as wood fragments, pallet wrap, labels, and paper
- Responsible for dismantling, sanitizing, and setup equipment, ensure all safety requirements are met including WHMIS, lockout/tag-out procedure precautions, dispense the chemicals in its proper containers
- Responsible for reading chemicals labels or Material data safety data sheets to learn how to properly handle chemicals
- Ensure standards for quality and health and safety are met
- Assist in maintaining warehouse standards of cleanliness and organization and ensure tidiness standards are always respected and maintained
- Perform other custodial duties as assigned by Manager
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and communication skills
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in sanitation is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.