Compounding Manager - PM Shift
What we are looking for.
Deciem is looking for a Compounding Manager at the Eastside location, this person will be results-oriented with experience in batching chemicals and the management of resources to supply production and meet customer needs. This person will ensure adherence to safety guidelines, quality processes and teamwork toward efficiency in production.
PM Shift: 3:30 PM – 11:30 PM
What you would be doing.
- In collaboration with the Compounding Senior Manager, the Compounding Manager assists with leading the team in selection of the appropriate equipment and support systems as needed to support growth of the operation and continuous cost improvements
- Focus on productivity, safety, quality, and continuous improvement in the compounding department to meet department targets and company goals
- Ownership to complete G.M.P. documents, such as the batch records, C&S logs, housekeeping logs, and other documents as required, right at first time
- Supports a culture which minimizes risks throughout the area and ensures compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures
- Suggests improvements to promote safety and help improve quality and output while managing the manufacturing environment from process development and through production life cycles Implementation of continuous improvement programs in the department
- Implementation of training and development program for each position and new hire
- Supports Senior Manager in development of all Engineering data related to the associated products, material, BOM’s, routers, work centers, process sheets and ensure integration with our existing systems
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment. Familiar with 5S processes and Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- Train, evaluate, motivate, and instruct direct reports in company goals and responsibilities. Facilitate the continuing education and performance of direct reports. Set and support goals for appropriate personnel
- Execute good manufacturing practices while promoting a safe environment
- Review performance of direct reports and recommend salary adjustments and/or counseling
- Suggests improvements to reduce costs and enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the warehouse operations.
- Monitor the performance of company policies and regulations
- Manages the compounding standards of cleanliness and organization and ensure tidiness standards are always respected and maintained
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Strong business communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- The ability to think strategically, problem solve and analyze data
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, as well as lead and motivate a team
- Experience in managing a multiple shift operation
- Experience with process troubleshooting
- Experience writing technical reports to include developing and updating SOP’s
- Experience in process design and improvement in both batch and continuous operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Root Cause Analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of FDA QSR and cGMP required
- Experience with ISO 13485, TQM and ERP Systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- 2+ years of leadership experience is required
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience related leadership role, within manufacturing or similar is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.