What we are looking for.
We are growing very rapidly and are looking for an experienced Forklift Operator to join our warehouse for the AM, PM, and Night shifts. We are looking for someone who is reliable, has great attention to detail, and can adhere to health & safety standards.
AM Shift - 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
PM Shift: 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM
Night Shift - 11:30 PM - 7:30 AM
What you would be doing.
- Responsible for optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency, scheduling vehicles for maintenance and repairs and inspecting for damages to vehicles
- Required to transport valuable items to different locations within the facility, securing loads to machine before transportation
- Responsible for maintaining the organization of warehouse – organizing shelving materials, wrapping skids, and preparing them to be lifted onto the racks
- Receiving and processing incoming stock and materials
- Responsible for organizing and retrieving stock, including picking, and filling orders, packing, and shipping, organizing and retrieving stock
- Gathering materials from a Pick List
- Loading, unloading, shipping, and receiving warehouse items
- Ensure standards for quality and health and safety are met, including adhering to safety management standards and identifying workplace safety hazards
- Assist in maintaining warehouse standards of cleanliness and organization and ensure tidiness standards are always respected and maintained
- Ensure compliance with warehouse policies and procedures (e.g. shipments, safety standards, stocking)
- Verify inventory control and counts to ensure product stock is up to date
- Perform operational duties such as receiving, restocking, replenishing, wrapping skids
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and communication skills
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in warehouse service or forklift operating is an asset
- Valid forklift certification required
- WHMIS, Pallet Lift Truck certifications are an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.