Maintenance Senior Manager - PM Shift
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Maintenance Senior Manager to lead and direct our front-line maintenance team members to ensure that all maintenance activities are coordinated. This person will assist in develop preventive and routine maintenance programs for all equipment and maintain a log of maintenance activity for all equipment and improve efficiency.
PM Shift: 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM
What you would be doing.
- Direct efficient maintenance and safe operation of all equipment in compliance with company policy and government regulations
- Ensure that front line maintenance team members within the business unit are developed and held accountable for achieving individual, team and business unit goals
- Responsible for ensuring smooth operation through effective and efficient management of people and processes.
- Manage the department’s financial, understanding and tracking spending
- Ensure that all mechanical equipment meet company standard rates, reliability, and safety
- Establish KPIs and identify skills required to improve maintenance team efficiency and conduct gap analysis to improve department performance
- Assists with driving cost improvement activities by identifying system improvements, headcount optimization, and promote efficiency with effort, optimal service, safety, and costs in mind
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Initiates and guides the preventive maintenance program, develops the work orders related to the variety of equipment/utilities, controls, and monitors inventory, facilitates cross-training, safety training, helps to develop professionalism at maintenance associates
- Mentor all maintenance associates by motivating and providing direction to help them achieve their goals, troubleshooting, repairing electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize our operating costs, and promotes greater gains in operating efficiencies
- Assist with reviewing and revising Standard Operating Procedures and documentation
- Anticipates/recognizes potential safety issues associated with procedures and equipment and initiates action to solve or prevent problems
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, wiring diagrams and general graphics
- Ability to think quickly, take initiative, think creatively and challenge team to do the same
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Extensive knowledge of general maintenance principles, electricity, machine principles, fluid power, pneumatics, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong and effective leadership/coaching skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills, time management and communication skills
- 3 + years of people management and/or leadership experience is required
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in maintenance and safe operations is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to email@example.com. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.