Transportation Senior Manager
What we are looking for.
Deciem is looking for a Transportation Senior Manager to join our amazing team! This person will help grow and be instrumental in key expansion projects across Europe and nearby countries. We are looking for someone who excited about challenges and will make a large impact. At Deciem we recognize that having the right people is important, not just from a technical perspective, but even more importantly from a 'culture add' perspective. In this role, you will also work on global logistics and help develop a growing team.
This role will be based out of our Nottingham facility (In-person).
What you would be doing.
- As a Senior Transportation Manager, you will be training and developing motivated team members while strategically guiding them through the complexities of international trade
- Develop partnerships with service providers in overseas markets to meet the growing business requirements and to ensure customs compliance
- Maintain and advance the KPI metrics for transportation service providers. Monitor the service providers’ performance and continuously improve our service offerings to our customers in the UK, EU, and beyond
- Partner with Sales and Operations, Inventory, and Warehouse teams to ensure proper execution for customer orders
- Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset always considering cost, service levels, and technical issues
- Participate in the continuous development and improvement (adding new modules/functionalities) of Microsoft D365 ERP system
- Meet annual goals and objectives while managing the team’s performance to ensure goals are attainable
- Key contact for inbound and outbound shipments to our UK DC
- Strive to reduce the carbon footprint of Deciem by exploring the best options for transportation.
- Ensure compliance with warehouse policies and procedure
- Ensure standards for quality and health and safety are met
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Experience with international trade and knowledge of Brexit impact to importing and exporting
- Ability to effectively communicate with company and supplier senior management
- Being a creative problem-solver
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) coupled with Enterprise
- Resource Planning (ERP) systems. Preferred experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Exhibit a sense of urgency and be able to demonstrate the ability to solve problems in a fast- paced environment
- Previous related experience leading Transportation and Logistics teams preferred
- Has the ability to lead, influence, coach, mentor and motivate team by providing clear direction and support where needed
- 3+ years of people management and /or leadership experience is required
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in logistics is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to email@example.com. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.