Human Resources Manager, UK & EU
What we are looking for.
The ideal candidate will support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and partner with the organization on strategic initiatives. They will maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices.
This role will be based out of our London Office.
What you would be doing.
- Manage employee relations cases for retail stores/counters, office and warehouse locations in the UK and Europe
- Provide consulting support in areas of change management, team building, conflict resolution, performance management, progressive discipline, talent management, talent acquisition and employee development
- Work with Human Resources Director on escalated matters; Investigates employee grievances as well as cases on discrimination, harassment, and other employee relations allegations
- A strong HRBP business partner to local functional leads and team members. Partnering with business leads on an ongoing basis to understand their business goals, identify market trends/needs and create solutions to address local needs. Partnering with the right stakeholders (E.g. L&D) to identify customized local solutions collaboratively.
- Collaborate with Human Resources team on the initiatives of creating local policies/procedures and working with legal to create compliant employment agreements and various initiatives as assigned
- Ensuring DECIEM's policies are implemented in accordance with the company's vision, mission, and strategies as well as local labour law
- Manage employee disciplinary actions and terminations as well as partner with Human Resources Director and legal counsel when needed to assess and mitigate potential risk and exposure
- Work with Human Resources Director and team on rolling out key human resources transformation projects such as new process implementations, performance management programs, policies/procedures, etc.
- Working closely with the Toronto recruitment team to align on a consistent recruitment process and support with Brexit-related queries and visa/ immigration process.
- Proactively identifies employee trends or issues and advises managers on appropriate actions and solutions
- Creates positive employee relations by executing on human resources strategy and addressing performance management and employee issues
- Escalating complex issues to Human Resources Director where needed
- Support the compensation team with local benchmarking in UK & European countries
- Partner with people managers on the performance management process including education in goal setting, setting expectations, and measuring and maintaining accountability
- Deliver training needs as identified (such as Employment Legislation updates, Performance Management and various workshops as applicable)
- Working closely with the Global Payroll team to support and give local guidance on all matters of maternity, sickness, paternity and other queries
- Supporting the Health & Safety team with all Health & Safety/First Aid documentation, quarterly checks, training, and other responsibilities as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- A change management champion who can successfully manage Human Resources transformations as well as employee resistance to change
- Demonstrates well-developed business acumen and understands how to implement/manage change
- Strong problem solver and negotiator which is an asset to resolving complex employee relation cases
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Kindly send us your resume to email@example.com. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.