Production Associate Manager (AM & PM)
What we are looking for.
The Production Associate Manager is responsible for upholding excellence in our production facility. The individual will be responsible for supervising and leading production staff and operators on the line to meet production targets and uphold the highest quality and product standards. This person is responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing operation by providing leadership, direction and support to line operators through empowerment, teamwork, on-the-job assignments, and continuous improvement initiatives. Handling daily employee inquiries, providing timely responses to requests and maintaining regular shift schedules and attendance of the team. Reporting and escalating matters to Sr. Managers as required. We are currently hiring for AM and PM shifts.
Shift: AM Shift 7:30am – 2:30pm and PM Shift 3:30pm – 10:30pm
What you would be doing.
- Must ensure relevant safety regulations are fully complied with, including personal protective equipment, fall protection, forklift, and hazard communication requirements
- Thoroughly investigate all accidents and complete accident report on the date of occurrence
- Follow and administer Quality Policies and Procedures
- Maintain high standards of Good Manufacturing Practices and housekeeping in the department
- Strive to achieve the lowest cost, goals for line, shift, and facility
- Partner with maintenance personnel to improve efficiency and UPTIME in the line
- Evaluate performance and recommend areas of improvements as appropriate. Accountable for employee performance management, attendance tracking, training documentation
- Lead the development of work practices that promote autonomy and accountability at all levels
- Support operators to troubleshoot equipment if an error is encountered
- Facilitate the accurate assessment of performance and implementation of ideas
- Work across departments including production, maintenance, and quality
- Responsible for establishing ownership of document accuracy on the floor and the process to ensure they are updated and match team site documents
- Obtain feedback from employees on the floor on a regular basis to assess understanding and application of best practices
- Lead team to run production on the line while ensuring that safety and quality requirements are properly maintained
- Lead team to identify defects on equipment, cleaning, inspections and executive corrective actions to address any defects as needed
- Thoroughly communicate to the maintenance department any defects that cannot be corrected by operators in order to maintain the integrity of equipment and sustain production
- Identify opportunities for improvement, define action plans, and communicate plans to team
- Lead team to perform all change over processes, as predefined in order to complete such processes with minimum possible downtime
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Forklift and pump truck license are an asset
- Prior technical experience in processing and packaging in manufacturing is an asset
- Prior experience in lean six sigma is desired
- Exceptional English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to influence
- Demonstrated skills in conflict management and fair management practices
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, develop and provide direction to teams
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration OR equivalent in work experience required
- 3 - 5 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing is required
Kindly send us your resume to email@example.com. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.