Head of Research & Development
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Head of Research & Development who is responsible for leading and organizing day-to-day operations and administration functions of the R&D Lab. The successfull candidate will provide direction and manage the Senior R&D Managers and other R&D staff, their professional development and performance.
What you would be doing.
- Oversee project schedules for the R&D Lab, liaise with PM team on daily basis, and ensure continuous updates and reports on projects meet the deadlines.
- Strategize and lead talent acquisition and retention; ensure the talent pool can support the projects forecast and smooth workflow
- Identify and pursue opportunities for improvement of processes and safety in the lab
- Ensure the security of information and data is always there and strategize better documentation practices.
- Strategize the curation process for new technologies
- Cooperate with and support Stability Lab efforts and functions
- Oversee and implement plans for the expansion of the R&D Lab and the setup of new labs within the R&D scope
- Oversee the activities and cooperate with Operations and Environment, Health and Safety departments for infrastructure and new equipment requirements.
- Support Pilots and scaleup to commercialization of new projects and reformulations
- Support and evaluate alternate sourcing for raw materials in cooperation with Quality and Supply Chain
- Implement and oversee adherence to the GLP guidelines for the R&D Lab
- Prepare budget for the department function in all aspects, including equipment procurement for lab setup and product testing
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of cosmetic and OTC R&D Lab equipment, instrumentation, testing methodologies and maintenance
- Travel domestically and internationally for conferences, seminars and equipment demonstrations when required
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, problem-solving skills with demonstrated people management experience, and commitment to providing a high standard of quality work.
- Ability to create strategies for improvement of processes within the R&D lab
- Experience with the procurement of relevant equipment and instrumentation to support R&D activities
- Ability to work across a large organization and communicate with senior management and executive team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment while meeting the expectations placed on the R&D Lab and supporting their integrity
- Demonstrated experience in cosmetic and OTC R&D environment with organization improvements
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with GMP and GLP guidelines and quality standards for cosmetic and OTC labs
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, quality, product evaluation and handling in a cosmetic industry and GMP environments
- Experience with different formulation technologies and stability testing requirements
- Experience in a cosmetic and OTC R&D Lab environment is required
- 5+ years of people management and /or leadership experience is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cosmetic Science, Chemistry or another relevant field OR equivalent work experience is required
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.