Store Assistant Manager
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Full-time Store Assistant Manager for our Howe, Vancouver location. This person will assist with most aspects of the day-to-day operations for the store, including inventory accuracy, stock organization, meeting sales/targets, as well as ongoing coaching for staff.
The Assistant Manager plays an integral role in developing a loyal customer base and is accountable for ensuring an exceptional customer experience through team development and leading by example.
What you would be doing.
- In partnership with the Store Manager, the Store Assistant Manager will support in the oversight of daily in-store operations and provide assistance on the sales floor ensuring store is profitable
- Assist in recruitment, manage, mentor and develop and staff to maximise sales, profitability and exceed agreed key performance indicators
- Complete operational store requirements by scheduling and assigning ‘zones’ to employees, while ensuring to have a fully staffed store at all times
- Manage ongoing store operations and inform the Store Manager of any pertinent issues (petty cash, daily banking, POS System, payment processor etc.)
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of the store are compliant with the company requirements
- Coach, counsel and provide constructive feedback to all store staff
- Control stock and manage the weekly order of store supplies
- Greet all customers who enter the store with enthusiasm and professionalism reflecting DECIEM’s vision through excellent service
- Educate customers about the world of Beauty and Skin Care, DECIEM brands and products
- Stay up to date with product knowledge, company information, launches and campaigns
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Notify Store Manager and/or Area Sales Manager of any customer complaints and comments (handle any in-person customer complaints)
- Enforce store policies and procedures are up to company standard and direction
- Assist in hosting store events in conjunction with merchandising and corporate retail teams for customer appreciation events to drive traffic
- Maintain DECIEM’s visual merchandising standards according to the official merchandising guidelines (including displays, testers, cleanliness etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- High School Diploma is required
- College or University Degree is preferred
- 3 - 5 years of retail experience is required
- Experienced in a leadership role is preferred
- Love of beauty products and a passion for skincare
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task a must
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, managing conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.