R&D Senior Manager, Skincare Innovation
What we are looking for.
We are growing very rapidly and are currently seeking a R&D Senior Manager to lead our Skincare innovation team. The successful candidate will be directing, planning and conducting research in advanced skincare categories.
What you would be doing.
- Plan and conduct research in advanced skincare categories
- Identify and develop innovative and state-of-the-art technologies and formulations in the above categories
- Research and source the latest and most advanced breakthroughs in functional raw materials and skincare actives
- Formulate and prepare lab batches; evaluate texture, performance and stability
- Organize and/or prepare lab batches for testing requirements outside of the R&D lab
- Assess and reformulate existing SKUs to meet the stability and performance expectations
- Research, source and evaluate new processing methods, equipment and testing instruments and methodologies to support innovation
- Develop product specifications by evaluating physical/chemical properties of raw materials and formulations (viscosity, specific gravity, pH, etc.)
- Transfer lab scale production to Pilot and manufacturing scale; support validation of manufacturing procedures
- Anticipate and identify scaleup and commercialization issues for new products and formulations
- Troubleshoot existing products following a thorough analysis and set up a plan of action
- Apply creative and critical thinking, and take proactive steps in pursuing projects to completion
- Provide technical support to Production, Quality, and other scientific and non-scientific teams
- Cooperate and coordinate with other scientific and non-scientific departments to support the claims and achieve successful product launches
- Manage other R&D personnel, assigning/delegating tasks
- Measure performance of R&D personnel to meet company objectives
- Engage in supplier meetings and attend conferences, seminars, and conventions
- Document all phases of the R&D process; prepare clear and concise status and summary reports on projects; provide timely updates to Project Management team
- Aid in screening candidates, interviewing and hiring new R&D personnel
- Prepare documentation for tax filings and grants
- Aid in patenting new Intellectual Property and Technology
- Work closely with QC/QA department with regards to product investigations
- Support other R&D functions, regulatory, clinical research, and other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Strong technical knowledge of existing and latest developments in skincare formulation technologies, actives and functional raw materials
- Strong research skills and established networking with raw materials suppliers
- Practical knowledge of product behaviour and main stability issues in skincare formulations and the strategies to overcome them
- Good understanding of skin and hair physiology
- Working knowledge of GLP and GMP guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to skincare and cosmetic industry
- Proven experience with scaleup, Pilot and commercialization of skincare formulations
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented, and with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good computer skills with Microsoft applications
- Ability to troubleshoot with excellent problem-solving skills
- Organized with good time management
- Good documentation practices
- Adaptive and flexible
- Experience with formulation software, especially Coptis, is preferred but not mandatory
- Minimum 4+ years of formulation experience in innovative skincare environment
- Relevant education in Chemistry or another related field OR equivalent work experience is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.