Clinical Research Scientist II
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Clinical Research Scientist II to join our clinical research operations team. You will be leading the skin penetration laboratory organization and deliver a program to evaluate the skin penetration of key active ingredients. You will be also responsible but not limited to design, manage, deliver and/or perform testing for multiple skin penetration and diffusion projects.
What you would be doing.
- Deliver a program to evaluate the skin penetration of key active ingredients using Confocal Raman Spectroscopy
- Assist with most aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Clinical Research Department
- Design, manage, deliver and/or perform testing for multiple skin penetration and diffusion projects
- Lead the skin penetration laboratory organization: databases, reagent inventory, purchase of
- equipment, protocols and laboratory space
- Employ analytical instruments to collect, analyze and interpret experimental data
- Follow SOP’s and develop new ones
- Using new technology platforms or software solutions required for different testing needs
- Identify and validate new third-party labs to collaborate for outsourcing product testing, work closely with existing third-party labs to carry out tests that might not be feasible in house
- Organize meetings and seminars with subject matter experts for continuing professional development
- Travel domestic and internationally for conferences, seminars, and equipment demonstrations as and when required, upon CSO’s approval
- Source required materials for lab function
- Communicate results in a cross-functional team setting
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Adaptive and flexible
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work independently and in a team with minimal supervision
- Good documentation practices
- Solution oriented problem solver with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide a high level of flexibility and response to changing business demands
- Strong experience in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting Raman confocal microscope
- preferably greater than 3+ years of hands-on experience of working in an imaging core facility
- Firm grasp of microscopy principles, sample preparation techniques to handle microscopy applications for biological samples such as cell culture, skin tissue, etc.
- HPLC experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of the skin and skin interactions an advantage
- Peer reviewed publication records as an asset
- Relevant education in Molecular and Cell Biology or equivalent work experience is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.