Compounding Technician - AM Shift
What we are looking for.
The Compound Technician are responsible for ensuring GMP processes and SOP Instructions are followed to safely produce quality batches through the verification and addition of chemicals to batches, and documentation of batching activities.
AM Shift: 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM
What you would be doing.
- Effectively process batches within specifications to meet department batch execution targets by ensuring optimal cycle time in support of schedule adherence
- Dismantle, clean, sanitize and assemble processing equipment according to established SODs to ensure GMP compliance and meet department changeover targets in support of reliability and productivity goals
- Compounding all sorts of batches but not limited to aqueous based products, O/W, W/O, anhydrous products as per SOP's and Master Formulas
- Must be able to check all pre-weighed raw materials, and dispense raw materials safely when required
- Ability to operate various equipment, including fully and semi-automatic kettles, pumps, agitators, hoists and scales Perform calibration checks for scales, gauges and mixers
- Collect representative samples of product batches and co-ordinates with R&D team to make sure the finished product matches the standard
- Responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of batching kettles according to Standard Operating Procedure
- Follow all safety procedures and wear required PPE (respirators, face shields, eyeglasses, etc.) and report any workplace injuries or accidents.
- Complete G.M.P. documents, such as the batch records, C & S logs, housekeeping logs and other documents as required, right at first time
- Maintain general housekeeping of compounding area includes keeping all pipes, hoses, clamps, gaskets, and other processing equipment off the floor and in proper storage area
- Responsible for reading chemicals labels or Material data safety data sheets to learn how to properly handle chemicals
- Ensure standards for quality and health and safety are met
- Assist in maintaining compounding standards of cleanliness and organization and ensure tidiness standards are always respected and maintained
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Knowledge and understanding of WHMIS is preferred
- Valid forklift license is an asset
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and communication skills
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience with compounding is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.