Intermediate Packaging Designer
What we are looking for.
We are looking for an Intermediate Packaging Designer to join our team! The successful candidate will report to our Senior Packaging Designer on maintaining and executing various existing and new products on packaging design.
What you would be doing.
- Support ongoing projects and tasks to improve packaging artwork turnover and quality checks
- Provide insight and creative knowledge to new packaging design creation in collaboration with the Senior Packaging Designer and Heads of Art and Design
- Collaborate with the regulatory team to develop new packaging and manage maintenance of our packaging files
- Liaise with procurement on packaging purchase orders
- Review and approve packaging artwork from our print suppliers
- Creating and managing a sound packaging framework and upholding to a high standard
- Providing support at Press Approvals
- Manage and provide support for day-to-day tasks for other Designers on packaging projects
- Assist Senior Packaging Designer and Heads of Art and Design with presentations
- Supporting and collaborating with the greater design team regarding packaging related tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and additional programs
- High understanding and knowledge in creativity, visual design, typography, and layout composition.
- Technical understanding of industry standard mechanical packaging file building
- Advance knowledge in print design: print processes, substrates and finishes
- Extremely organized, strong time management skills, and detail-oriented
- Ability to focus and work efficiently in a demanding, fast-paced team environment
- Passion for design and ability to conceptualize out-of-the-box ideas
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills both written and oral
- A collaborative approach to working with the design team
- Relevant education in Graphic Design OR equivalent work experience as a Packaging Designer, preferably in Consumer Packaged Goods is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.