Microbiology Laboratory Technician
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Microbiology Laboratory Technician to join and support our amazing growing scientific department! You will be performing administrative tasks; including preparation, research, review & oversee projects as assigned and assisting in the operation and maintenance of laboratory and monitoring equipment.
What you would be doing.
- Perform administrative tasks; including preparation, research, review & oversee projects as assigned
- Prepare and compose documents, summaries and reports as required and requested
- Maintenance of departmental administrative systems, issues and initiatives
- Conduct sampling using aseptic techniques for laboratory testing: raw materials, bulk and finished products.
- Execute environmental monitoring sampling: air, surfaces, water, equipment
- Label samples and prepare documentation for shipping as needed
- Follow internal procedures, participate in lab team meetings and elaborate environmental reports
- Record data and observations in an accurate and well-organized manner
- Data entry for lab results and elaborate trending reports
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of laboratory and monitoring equipment
- Liaise and communicate effectively with other members of the laboratory and manufacturing team
- Collaborates closely with Laboratory Leadership on additional projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Ability to learn and use different bio-analytical measurement methods is preferred
- Love of beauty products and a passion for skincare
- Ability to multi-task, while providing professional and outstanding administrative support
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management, organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint etc. is required
- Demonstrated experience in conducting experiments (Mostly cell culture and skin-based studies)
- Relevant education in Science or another relevant field OR equivalent work experience is an asset
- GMP trained and aseptic technique qualifications are an asset
Kindly send us your resume to email@example.com. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.