Packaging Inventory Manager
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Packaging Inventory Manager for our Nightshift (11:30 pm - 7:30 AM). The successful candidate will manage all raw material and finished product on inventory adjustments. The manager submits and communicates with all parties about inventory adjustment requests based on the findings from the usability of the audit and physical count.
What you would be doing.
- Forecast global demand for components based on baseline & promotional sales trend seasonality and lead-time across all brands, The Ordinary, Hylamide, NIOD, The Chemistry Brand, HIF, AB Crew, Loopha & Abnomaly
- Liaise with the Factory concerning components’ shortages, location of components
- Assess the Warehouse storage capacity against the inbound delivery of components to minimize the risk of space constraint
- Designate and enforce the applicable guidelines to the special areas within the Warehouse. These areas include but not limited to: (i) Deciem QA/QC Review Hold Section, (ii) Deciem QA/QC Rejects Section, (iii) Deciem QA/QC Release Section, (iv) Deciem QA/QC Overstock Section
- Segregate the location of the packaging components by categories, delivery dates, versions, expiry dates, quality status and brands in accordance with the QA/QC guidelines
- Temporarily supervise the operations of Chemical Storage Area in regard to cleanliness, organization and safety aspects of the area
- Formulate & compile Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Binder for Warehouse, Chemical Storage Area, Compounding and Production
- Formulate the Plant Pallets Storage Layout (Schematic Mapping with each Location) across all units, Unit 4 Production Area, Unit 5 Chemical & Packaging Storage Area, Unit 6 Packaging and Finished Goods Area
- Coordinate packaging components’ usability audit and screening to ensure that only valid components exist to be picked on the floor
- Submits inventory adjustment request based on the findings from the usability the audit and physical count
- Verify components’ stock level to ensure they’re adequate to fully support the production of assigned batches
- Deliver components needed for production
- Supply replacement components for the stores, in cases of product damages
- Receive & verify all inbound delivery into the Warehouse, originating from Suppliers (New Stock, Replacement), third Party manufacturing (Returns) & In-house Factory (Returns) Verification includes delivery accuracy, identification of overages, shortages, damages
- Enter goods received into the ERP portal
- Collect samples of the newly received items to be submitted to QC/QA
- Maintain the Receiving Section of the QC/QA Packaging Component Daily Receiving & Releases
- Communicate with Suppliers regarding damages and quality issues related to packaging components, including the arrangement of pick-up for inspection and replacement
- Liaise with Procurement team, mainly in matters of invoice discrepancy investigation
- Generate Picking List for 3rd Party production
- Verify the completed Picking List to ensure its accuracy
- Responsible for truckload management, ensuring that the truckload is within the allowable weight and space restriction
- Schedule & coordinate delivery and pick-up with the DECIEM Drivers to & from the third-party Manufacturers, Suppliers, Head-Office
- Track Rejected Components originating from 3rd Party Manufacturers and In-House Factory (They are to be either (i) Destroyed, (iii) Replaced or (iii) Refunded)
- Track Bulk Residuals originating from the In-House Factory (They are to be tested to form a new composite bulk or destroyed)
- Arrange the destruction of unusable packaging components in other warehouses
- Secure the physical count of items currently stored in the Containers for the Annual Inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to influence without authority is required
- Demonstrated skills in conflict management and fair management practices is required
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, develop and provide direction to teams is required
- Proficient in Safety, GMP and GDP is required
- Ability to read and understand SOPs
- Prior technical experience in processing and packaging in manufacturing is desired
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office is required
- 2 + years of people management and/or leadership experience is required
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in supply chain management, manufacturing and/or logistics is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.