What we are looking for.
The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting user requirement specifications, in addition to front to back purchasing and vertical start-up of processing equipment for DECIEM’s production and compounding departments
What you would be doing.
- Responsible for drafting user requirement specifications, in addition to front to back purchasing and vertical start-up of processing equipment for DECIEM’s production and compounding departments
- Establishing strong working relationships with equipment manufacturers, suppliers, and integrators who excel in delivering quality and compliance with Canadian industry standards
- Developing and optimizing industrial processes from inception to start-up while ensuring that validation/qualification standards are upheld
- Upgrading systems and processes of existing filling and packaging lines through supplemental automation
- Maintaining electronic equipment records and engineering drawings, adhering to quality standards when implementing modifications (e.g., change controls, document revision version control)
- Performing risk assessments, managing budgets and tight deadlines, as well as providing process documentation and operating instructions as required
- Drafting and executing factory acceptance tests for new production equipment
- Executing qualification protocols for new and modified production equipment
- Developing engineering solutions to support maintenance, quality, and safety initiatives
- Developing best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and repeatable quality of output
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Effective time management, organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
- Exhibit strong technical writing ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical ideas and concepts
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse background experience, and styles
- Experience with FDA/Health Canada regulated cosmetic, food, or pharmaceutical field is preferred
- Knowledge of equipment design, construction, operation, qualification, and maintenance
- Knowledge of process automation equipment related to the cosmetics, personal care, or pharmaceutical industries is an asset
- Flexibility to work any hours, outside of regular hours, including weekends, when required
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects and collaboratively in a multi-functional team environment supporting day-to-day manufacturing schedules and operations
- P.Eng., PMP, Six Sigma Lean Black Belt certifications are an asset
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as CMMS, ERP, working knowledge of AutoCAD, and any other relevant proprietary software applications, with the ability to integrate new software into an existing business environment
- Flexibility to travel interprovincially and out-of-country for equipment design and testing purposes
- 2+ years’ experience in process engineering, preferably in the beauty, food, or pharmaceutical industries is an asset
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in Engineering is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to email@example.com. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.