Production Planning Senior Manager
What we are looking for.
Deciem is looking for a Production Planning Senior Manager to lead our production planning team! This person will be responsible for creating and executing production demand and replenishment plans that ensure continuous inventory availability while simultaneously managing inventory holding costs and minimizing product expiry.
What you would be doing.
- Responsible for creating and executing production demand and replenishment plans that ensure continuous inventory availability while simultaneously managing inventory holding costs and minimizing product expiry
- Oversight of the batch planning, analyzing sales forecasts and sales plans, to determine needed production
- Coordinates with key stakeholders to ensure the seamless flow of production, determines production timelines, assess anticipated risks, informs on production status, ensures availability/capacity of equipment etc.
- Establish and maintain production forecasts, department activity plans and budgets in alignment with strategic directives from sales and operations
- Produces the rolling 3-month production plan and advise stakeholders to have the resources available to ensure the production plan is executed seamlessly.
- Coordinates with the procurement department to determine delivery times and synchronizes component deliveries to ensure that inventory is available at the right time and at the right amounts
- Works with the head of supply chain management to regulate inventory and ensure a balanced movement of raw materials, packaging, and finished products
- Generates the master schedule for filling and compounding based on the demand plan, raw material availability and quality related re-assessments
- Works with the head of supply chain management to ensure that third party production plans are executed and to determine contingency plans should unforeseen events occur
- Provides consistent updates with the Director of Plant Operations about facility and 3rd Party manufacturer status and output
- Collaborates with third party manufacturers to plan production based on the demand plan
- Coordinates with account managers and project managers to plan new product launches and one-time sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented and challenging environment
- Strong and effective leadership/coaching skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills, time management and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Extensive working knowledge in an ERP environment (SAP, MS Dynamics 365)
- 3 + years of people management and/or leadership experience is required
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in Production Planning is an asset
Kindly send us your resume here. We really appreciate your effort in applying to this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By sending us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.