Quality Control Associate - Colour Match
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Quality Control Associate to support the Quality Control Department in colour matching and assisting in the colour products in our manufacturing facilities. The successful candidate will be overseeing the colour assessment process including colour matching and batch adjustments, they will also evaluation, control, and approve colour, texture and product performance.
What you would be doing.
- Support the Quality Control Department in colour matching and assisting in the colour products in our manufacturing facilities
- Overseeing colour assessment process including colour matching and batch adjustments
- Evaluation, control, and approve colour, texture and product performance
- Assist in colour monitoring and inspecting received, in-process, and finished products to ensure quality parameter are met
- Analyze and identify pigments needed to create a shade given while weighting correct amounts of base ingredients to ensure texture and payoff
- Perform quality control checks on off colour and verification
- Ensure standard colour matching procedures and test methods are consistent
- Assist in resolution of colour manufacturing problems by facilitating any appropriate experiments
- Remain current with colour technologies for colour matching software and instruments
- Cleaning, sanitization, calibration and verification of Lab (E.g. pH Meter, viscometer, Scales, colour matching instrument and Thermometer)
- Maintaining safe chemical practices within the laboratory and understanding the importance of WHMIS and GMP principles when following the understanding the importance of SOP's
- Ensuring that all QC activities in the facility are appropriately carried out under cGMP, GLP, GDP standards and guidelines
- Administrate Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for newly established process and methods
- Complete all quality checks, submissions and approvals with required documentation and expectations
- Initiate and make suggestions to improve the quality of work processes and/or product
- Participate in other activities (e.g. administrative) of the department
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Experience in colour science and colour matching functions
- Have technical skills, knowledge and ability to discern colour differences
- Strong attention to detail, organized and time management
- Proactive in learning and strong documentation practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adaptive within a fast-pace environment
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to multi-task and troubleshoot
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office with advanced level skills in word processing, spreadsheets, Acrobat, and imaging software are required
- Relevant education in Science or another relevant field OR equivalent work experience is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.