Quality Control - Senior Chemist
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Senior Chemist to join our Quality Control team to oversee quality control team operation across multiple shifts or as assigned by Senior Manager.
What you would be doing.
- Oversee quality control team operation across multiple shifts or as assigned by Senior manager
- Monitor receiving, organization, and storing of retain samples of finished product, and raw material
- Monitor equipment/instrumentation calibration and perform instrument qualification and calibration activities as needed
- Work collaboratively with inventory and planning departments to ensure finished product and raw material is tested according to procedure and released in timely manner
- Work collaboratively with compounding department to ensure finished product is produced according procedure.
- Document activities and results according to quality standards
- Assist in customer compliant investigation through retain sample review
- Assist in training programs relating to analytical instrumentation, data analysis and according to company quality procedure
- Ensuring that all QC activities in the facility are appropriately carried out under cGMP, GLP, GDP standards and guidelines
- Writing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for newly established process and methods
- Report any finished product and raw material deviation to management and ensure timely resolution
- Initiate change control process for newly developed procedure, and instrumentation activation
- Prepare out of specification, deviation/non-conformance report for analytical data that include HPLC, UPLC, GC, pH, finished product, raw material, and document in accordance with standard operating procedure
- Responsible for supporting in the training, coaching and performance evaluation of QC employees
- Encourage trust and open communication by addressing employee issues and concerns in a timely manner
- Provide timely information to all staff regarding policy changes and other related issues
- Perform data review, write protocols, and generate reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- In-depth understanding of Quality Control Procedures and Principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs
- Ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy and with less supervision
- Experience working in a manufacturing, Pharmaceutical or cosmetic and/or GMP facility is an asset
- Advanced Experience in Quality Control, Analytical or product formulation preferred
- Relevant education in Science/Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biology or another relevant field OR equivalent work experience is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.