Regulatory Affairs Manager - Product Safety (Cosmetics)
What we are looking for.
We are growing very rapidly and are currently seeking a Regulatory Affairs Manager to join the existing Product Safety team. The successful candidate will be the main liaison between the Regulatory Affairs department and the Research and Development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Research and Development team during new product development, provide regulatory support to expanding business units, and other tasks as needed. As an integral member of DECIEM’s Regulatory Affairs team, the successful candidate will also help develop enhancements to DECIEM’s product safety processes and documentation.
What you would be doing.
- The Regulatory Affairs Manager reports to Head of Regulatory Affairs and works along DECIEM’s Product Safety
- Act as the liaison between the Regulatory Affairs department and the Research and Development team
- Responsible for supporting the Research and Development team during new product development, provide
- regulatory support to expanding business units, and other tasks as needed
- Help develop enhancements to DECIEM’s product safety processes and documentation
- Research individual raw materials and provide global regulatory status to research and development team
- Provide product development teams with guidance regarding regulatory requirements for finished products globally
- Complete regulatory finished product notifications globally
- Complete reaction investigations and author summary documents
- Provide guidance regarding labelling requirements during product development
- Review marketing claims substantiation
- Liaise between Regulatory Affairs and the departments within the Scientific team
- Manage new product development timelines and liaise between the Regulatory Affairs team and
- the Project Management team
- Manage, mentor and support Regulatory Affairs team members
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- In-depth understanding of global regulatory requirements for cosmetics
- Familiarity with project management and product lifecycle management software
- Ability to navigate a fast-moving environment
- Excellent at prioritize and manage multiple, concurrent, and often global projects
- Ability to work collaboratively with departments to implement changes or new systems
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong skills in Research, Analysis and Evaluation, Analytical Thinking, Creative Thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, managing conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong leadership skills to coach and mentor employees as well as counsel managers at all levels
- Excellent skills in Document Authoring and Review, Editing, Policy Development, strong knowledge of Microsoft
- 2+ years of people management and /or leadership experience is required
- Relevant education in Science, Regulatory Affairs or another relevant field OR equivalent work experience is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to email@example.com. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.