Senior Graphic Designer
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our Creative team! The successful candidate reports to the Head of Art & Design and is responsible for the new project and concept ideation and New design creation for Campaigns, Social Media Advertising & Marketing with the Head of Art & Design directions.
What you would be doing.
- Manage and support ongoing projects as required/assigned
- Manage and provide support for day to day tasks for Intermediate and Junior Graphic Designers
- Execute fast-turnaround design requests as required
- Creation of website design assets
- Collaborate with internal departments, UX designers, website/mobile development team and photographers/content creators
- Cooperate with the Creative Director on budgeting and manage cost allocation for projects
- Create/support graphics/content development for social media · Create design templates and materials
- Review designs created by Intermediate, Junior and intern graphic designers
- Provide insight and creative knowledge to all forms of content (web design, packaging, social media etc.)
- Provide onboarding support for new hires
- Be a supportive mentor to the creative design team and contribute to ongoing team support
- Actively learning and developing
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and additional programs ·
- Ability to interpret needs and data, invent and develop creative design solutions
- Capability to produce high quality presentations, mock-ups, creative concepts and evaluate the reusability of existing photography for new layouts
- Strong organization and time management skills, detail-oriented
- Passion for design and ability to conceptualize out-of-the box ideas
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills both written and oral
- Strong leadership skills to coach and mentor employees as well as counsel managers at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, managing conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to work individually as well as part of the team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- 3+ years of people management and /or leadership experience is required
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in graphic design and/or multimedia is an asset
Kindly send us your resume to email@example.com. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.