Stability Lab Manager
What we are looking for.
The Stability Lab Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the stability testing and record-keeping within the R&D Lab and ensuring compliance with internal procedures, industry regulations, and global regulatory guidelines. In addition to ensuring effective management of resources for the stability lab, planning and executing projects within agreed timelines, the role includes the review of current processes and procedures, and development of new where required, within the guidelines of efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance.
What you would be doing.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the stability testing and record keeping within the R&D Lab and ensuring compliance with internal procedures, industry regulations, and global regulatory guidelines
- Ensure effective management of resources for the stability lab, planning and executing projects within agreed timelines, the role includes the review of current processes and procedures, and development of new where required, within the guidelines of efficiency, effectiveness and compliance
- Responsible for all Stability Lab activities within the R&D
- Ensure adequate resources are available for the effective running of the Stability Lab, advising the R&D Director when additional resources are needed
- Cooperate with Senior R&D Managers in the setting up of stability projects: providing a review and critique of any overall stability plan provided and, where necessary, offering advice regarding current industry guidelines and standards
- Develop effective stability testing protocols for new product development projects
- Organize stability testing schedule within agreed timelines
- Cooperate with Regulatory, Quality and other internal teams and provide timely updates of current testing projects
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of current requirements of worldwide regulatory bodies for stability testing of cosmetic and OTC products and, in conjunction with the senior management, ensure that work carried out by the Company is performed according to these requirements wherever relevant
- The Stability Lab Manager is required to perform all tasks in accordance with current GMP guidelines and any other relevant regulatory requirements
- Implement PLM software applications to stability testing and data management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Lead and co-ordinate weekly workload within the Stability Lab
- Liaise with team members to monitor stability lab progress, maximize efficient utilization of resources, and provide general supervision and training in multiple stability studies
- Review and finalize Stability Reports
- Provide supervision, guidance and training to junior stability staff and new hires as required and assist the R&D Director in establishing development training plans for all stability staff
- Ensure all documentation for the management of stability studies is complete within agreed timeframes
- Manage the organization of stability samples and initiation of the stability testing of formulas including appropriate labelling
- Establish a schedule for removal of samples from stability as appropriate and ensure that this schedule is followed and updated
- Ensure all shipping of samples for external testing, or to other Company’s facilities
- Maintain and monitor the capacity and equipment requirements for both individual projects and for the storage of samples
- Communicate effectively with staff at all levels within the Company and liaise with all Scientific teams, Operations, and other departments, where applicable
- Provide weekly updates on stability projects to relevant groups within the Company and provide a monthly management report to the R&D Director
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Proficient working knowledge of GMP regulations for cosmetic and OTC stability testing and laboratory applications is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good decision-making skills with the ability to trouble shoot and provide solutions
- Ability to work on own initiative and contribute to team results across multiple areas
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientated
- Strong leadership skills to coach and mentor employees
- Proficient word processing software (i.e. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Previous experience with conducting stability studies is essential
- Proven experience with various quality processes
Kindly send us your resume to email@example.com. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. By emailing us your resume you agree to accept the Job Applicant Policy.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.